Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fantastic Filipino Product - Wrapsody Pilinut-Filled Pastries

An old friend used to send me treats from Bicol which normally included pastries with Pili as the main ingredient. They were pretty good... and I thought I had pretty much tasted the different Pili possibilities.

Then I came across Wrapsody.



The packaging stated that it is "made from carefully selected pilinuts, conconcted meticulously to come up with the one and only Wrapsody." Sounded interesting.









When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to find the pastries individually wrapped in pouches bearing the logo of the company. Wow! Such attention to detail reminiscent of Japanese-style packaging. (Think Royce chocolates).


I took a bite of the beautiful golden brown pastry and Mmmmmm.... Wrapsody indeed! Composed of layers of pastry, with delicately flavored Pili nuts generously tucked between the layers, it was sweet, but not too overpowering. It had a luxurious feel similar to a rich sliver of well-made Food for the Gods.  Perfect with a good cup of coffee or tea. But the overall experience of eating it was unlike any Pili dessert or pastry that I've tasted before. Truly, exquisitely, delightfully unique.


This is one deliciously unique, distinctly FILIPINO pastry that would make a terrific gift or pasalubong to friends and family abroad.

Manufactured by 
C.O.P. Pili Sweets and Pastries
Banag, Daraga, Albay
+63916.6430696
+63915.4434632
email: cindyspecialties@yahoo.com





Wrapsody is currently available at:
Kultura SM Mall of Asia
Kultura SM Makati
The Department of Agriculture, Quezon City

Other C.O.P. products - Ynut!


World-class products and packaging! Bravo! My favorite is the Glazed Pilinut with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment